Friday, February 8, 2008

The Birth Of Santa Dan

Santa Dan was born two winters ago in London, Ontario, Canada. It started as a idea put to my fellow club members of the Hyde Park Lions Club. The idea was that the club would supply me with a "santa suit" and I would attend different events in the month of December. The club paid a mother of a fellow club member to make me a suit and it sure looked real good. The first year I attended a company kids christmas party and a private family party . Both of these events earned a donation to the club. " Santa " was also there at the Wal-Mart store on Hyde Park with other members of the lions club who were manning the Sally Ann kettles. Santa also paid a visit to the Ronald McDonald House.
This current winter I did all the same things as the first but added two more events to my growing list of venues.
The first was a "Breakfast With Santa" which was alot of fun .
The second was a childrens christmas party put on by the MAPP Group. This also was alot of fun. So why do I do this, many others wouldn't. The answer is very simple.
My Santa suit has magic in it. The look of excitement in a childs eyes when he/she first sees me is something I wish I could bottle and spread around. For the most part, christmas without being around children is just another day. I truly hope that I have many more "santa " years left in my lifetime.

No comments: